Completed

Windows Phone 8 Touchscreen responsiveness delay

JDB (Employee) 11 years ago updated by My Finance Blog 12 months ago 10

Dear Microsoft,

After switching from Windows Phone 7.x series to Windows Phone 8, everything was great and perfect but something was unconsciously bugging me. Didn't take long to realize what it was: Pretty much every time I had to make the swiping unlock gesture twice in order to unlock the lockscreen. Why? Well, it's explained here.

Description of the problem

On any Windows Phone 8, after pressing the power button and immediately trying to unlock the screen, it won't respond to gestures.

This erratic behavior gives a bad user experience since forces the user to apply a second gesture to unlock.

This video shows in detail and compares a Lumia 800 (WP7.5) vs Lumia 920 (WP8):

Youtube video

Hope you will be able to reproduce the issue and fix it soon.

With regards,

JDB Pocketware

[As posted on Windows Phone feedback page]

Answer

Answer
Completed

Update

This seems to be improved on latest OS version 8.0.10328.78

Besides the new option for "double tap to wake" makes it easier to power on and no need to use the hard button.

Thanks MS!

+1

I don't have this issue with my Lumina 920. But I do have the issue of the sensitivity of the touch screen, if its goes off and anything while its in my pocket it accepts the brushes and touches as actual touches to the screen, it calls and hangs up on people starts apps and start the voice command prompts which drive me nuts.

+1

That's another problem we anticipated. You can try to disable the touch screen high sensitivity in settings > touch screen.

Ya no puedo ver las publicaciones resientes arreglen esta aplicación

Update

Besides the new option for "double tap to wake" makes it easier to power on and no need to use the hard button.

Thanks MS!

Answer
Completed

Update

Thanks MS!

Seemed to work great when free. Now its unworkable.